Neurosurgery & Spine
Neurosurgery (also known as neurological surgery) is focused on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders that affect the spine, brain, and nervous system.
Maine Medical Partners – Neurosurgery & Spine provides exceptional, personalized care. Our patients have access to the most advanced techniques with the highest level of expertise.
Each neurosurgeon is Board certified and through extensive education and training, stays at the forefront of their specialty. We offer conservative treatments of spine conditions and provide complete evaluation and treatment of spine and musculoskeletal disorders. Our team of highly trained physiatrists, osteopaths, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, and nurses work together to offer alternative treatment options to patients, whenever appropriate.
We work closely with your primary care physician and other providers, and we understand how essential communication and a coordinated effort are to each patient's care plan.
Neuroscience Institute at Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Partners Neurosurgery & Spine is proud to be part of the Neuroscience Institute at Maine Medical Center, a regional center of excellence in neurosciences. Our practice is an integral component of the Institute, providing the residents of Maine and northern New England state-of-the-art care for disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system.
Maine Medical Partners – Neurosurgery & Spine also offers patients the following services:
- Complex spine surgery
- Image-guided neurosurgery
- Neuro-intensive care
- Neuro-oncology surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
If you are a new patient, please bring the following items to your first appointment (please do not mail any of these items):
- Completed Medical History form, front and back.
- Completed Patient Registration form, front and back.
- Medical Insurance Card(s).
- Current x-rays and/or MRI's, pertaining to your appointment (do not have the hospital mail these to us). These are very important to evaluate your needs. Failure to bring in your x-rays and/or MRI's may result in rescheduling your appointment, thus delaying your care.
- Workers Compensation Injury (if applicable) - please complete the section on the back of the Patient Information form.